Saturday, September 25, 2010

OUR LOVE STORY

They say, "love comes to those who wait". Who would have thought that a blind date in 7th grade would  years later lead to me marrying my sweet Tripp?..God did! This so called blind date was set up by friends and was a double date to watch some Batman movie at the Movies 8 in Buford, GA (come to find out we were each others "first date").

Though we had many run ins over the years following and mutual friends we never really ever "dated".  Life just kinda went on...
Little did we know that during our time apart we were both growing in who were were and learning more about ourselves as we struggled through some difficult relationships and hardships. I had reached a place in my life where I was in no place to settle for anything but God's best for my life. I had journaled "the desires of my heart" and prayed over them, knowing that in Gods timing I would receive what I had been praying for.
Tripp and I were reunited in December of 2007 by his friend who was one of the friends that set up the double date years earlier. We were pretty much inseparable from that day on.


Tripp asked me to marry him April 25, 2009

and we were married in the Dominican Republic on September 9, 2009. It was everything I would have ever dreamed of. We had a beautiful private ceremony on the beach with just our immediate family members.
 And here we are ONE year later on our journey to "infinity"(as Tripp always says) :). Our first year of marriage has been so much fun. I honestly feel like I learn something new everyday! It was definitely an adjustment and I really struggled with understanding my role as a wife. But Tripp was so patient and encouraged me and reassured me that this thing called marriage was gonna have its up and downs. I am so thankful for a husband that I truly feel God created just for me. When looking back on my journal entry where I had written out "the desires of my heart" I cannot help but smile with tears in my eyes that God answered each one of them.
For our one year anniversary we were fortunate enough to be able to take a trip to the beautiful country of Colombia. We had so much fun reflecting on our first year of marriage and it is our hope to be able to take a trip each year to remind ourselves of the importance in keeping our marriage about each other.

I am reminded daily that God is so faithful in His promises. I am thankful for all I have learned through this journey that led me to the man He had created for me. My prayer is that Tripp and I fall more in love each day than the day before. That through our disagreements we understand and appreciate each other and that whatever life may throw our way, we love each other unconditionally from this day until infinity.

1 comment:

  1. happy anniversary! i had no idea yall met so long ago...what a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete