Thursday, March 17, 2011

Adoption Diaries

I have always joked about wanting to write a book about my experience as a pregnancy counselor. I can honestly say that my life has been changed by my witness to so many blessing through adoption and there are some stories that are just too off the wall not to be shared. Although, this has always been a joke, I have started to really consider that writing a book about birthparents, about adoption, about grief and heartache, and also about families desperate to be parents would be something that could encourage and benefit others. Now I am in no way an expert and only having 3.5 years experience with adoption does not qualify me for much-I do, however, feel that I have a gift and I have been changed because of the impact their stories have had on my life. I have been a secret keeper for many, I have watched couples come together through their choices, and I have witnessed a strength that can only come from God. These stories and lessons learned are precious to me and are too precious not to share.
I dont know the first thing about writing a book or having it published for that matter. So this may all come as just a dream. But, I have my stories and I have insight and will research and connect in hopes to make this dream a reality. So for those that are more familiar and aware of the process I would greatly appreciate your guidance (even the honest "you are crazy, it will never happen" )..and until then I will use this blog as a source to drafting and safe-keeping my stories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment